Location: Lake Nicaragua, Nicaragua
From: $213 per night
Relax and rejuvenate and your own private island in Nicaragua. Because this pristine resort is the only premises on the island, shortly after arriving you can’t help but slip into total vacation mode. Even the word resort is slightly exaggerated: there are only three rooms—or more precisely cabanas—but in return, the staff personally look after the guests, fulfilling their every wish.
Isleta El Espino a dream come true, regenerating the environment as much as the guests who visit. The entire resort is self-sustainable and powered by solar panels, minimizing its environmental impact. You’ll be able to quench your thirst with filtered lake water, and savor the taste of Nicaragua with cuisine made from the island’s gardens and trees. The chic cabanas have been designed to enhance the tropical flora, allowing the island’s natural beauty to shine through.
Take some time for yourself on the island, practicing morning yoga or even learning how to make chocolate from the world-famous Nicaraguan cocoa beans.
- Yoga and spa treatments
- Kayaking and fishing
- Nature tours
- Zip lining
- City walking tours
- Artisan village tours
- Volcano tour
Where You’ll Stay
This island retreat is truly a dream come true. With the property all to yourself, an attentive staff, and eco-friendly lodgings overlooking an expansive lake, the only thing you’ll need is more time to luxuriate at Isleta El Espino.
- One of five guest rooms, including casitas, a bungalow, and a treetop ranchero
- Rooms featuring a private deck with lake views, mosquito net over the bed, screened windows, ceiling fan, and private bathroom with a hot-water shower
- Lakeside yoga pavillion and spa
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner on the island
- Rates from $213 per night
Regenerative Resorts Member Benefits:
- Complimentary upgrade upon hotel check-in, based on availability
- 20% off Deluxe Spa package for two people
- 2 complimentary Nica Libre rum cocktails